GrimmSpeed 15-17 Subaru WRX Top Mount Intercooler
Meticulous Engineering, Unparalleled Craftsmanship
Replace that undersized, plastic stock intercooler with a GrimmSpeed Top Mount Intercooler Kit, featuring cast aluminum end tanks, large bar and plate core and TIG welded construction. The factory FA20dit TMIC is well-suited for stock applications, but when boost levels are increased, the higher post-turbo air temps contribute to pre-detonation (or 'knock') and loss in power. The GrimmSpeed intercooler is designed to keep charge temps consistent during aggressive driving so that the rest of your parts can work to make power.
- 13.1in x 10in x 3.75in Cross Flow Core - careful balance of high heat transfer and low pressure drop
- Cast Aluminum End Tanks - featuring machined splitter mounting features
- 5-Ply Silicone Couplers - custom molded and reinforced for demanding environments
- Fully-Integrated Two-Piece Splitter - collects air from the entire width of the scoop and feeds it directly to the core
- Water Meth 1/8 NPT Bung - Cast into the outlet end tank, CNC machine tapped and plugged for future use
- Vibration Isolation Mounting - protect the intercooler system from fatigue due to vibration by reusing the factory mounts
- Cleaned, Inspected and Sealed Prior to Shipping - prevent motor damage due to foreign matter
The GrimmSpeed engineering team has a history of developing the highest performing Top Mount Intercoolers available and the 2015-21 WRX fitment is no different. This intercooler was in the testing and revision phase for over a year, as continual improvements to performance and fitment were found. The GrimmSpeed kit offers a perfectly fitting intercooler assembly, along with a custom 5-ply silicone throttle body coupler and hi-torque stainless steel clamps. Each kit also includes our unique two-piece splitter design that replaces the factory engine cover with a splitter design that's made to fit the larger core of the GrimmSpeed TMIC. The performance of any Top Mount Intercooler is only as good as the splitter that's directing air through the core and in this area especially, the GrimmSpeed team nailed it.
- High Efficiency and Flow - Other manufacturers focus on cooling without understanding the damage that high restriction can do to a cars ability to produce power.
- Two-Piece Splitter Design - Other manufacturers repurpose or modify the stock engine cover. GrimmSpeed has replaced it entirely with an innovative two-piece design.
- Optional Upgraded Charge Pipe - Use of the GrimmSpeed Charge Pipe is optional, allowing you to upgrade at your own pace.
- Designed and Manufactured Locally - Ensuring repeatable quality, clean components and consistent assembly
Each intercooler uses two unique end tanks. The first accepts the hot charge air from the turbo and feeds it to the intercooler core. The second receives the cooled charge air from the core and delivers it to the throttle body. These end tanks are precision cast and machined right here in Minnesota. Following inspection, end tanks are welded to high density bar and plate intercoolers before the entire assembly is pressure tested, cleaned and sealed for shipment. 5-ply silicone couplers hold their shape in extreme conditions and ensure that charge air makes it to and from the intercooler with no trouble. Splitters are laser cut from aluminum sheet and CNC bent before being assembled and powdercoated with a durable texture black finish. Stainless steel hardware secures the splitter to the factory hood scoop.
We tested the OEM TMIC, GrimmSpeed TMIC and a leading competitor TMIC in a back to back to back comparison and used our multi-sensor data acquisition system to evaluate temperature deltas, intercooler efficiency, pressure drop and more. Below is a chart showing cooling efficiency between the three.
Fitments and Options
- 15-21 Subaru WRX
This Part Fits:
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
In most cases orders are processed same day or the next business day. Most orders take about 1-3 business days to ship.
Please note that all orders are processed and shipped Monday-Friday 10a-6p PST excluding weekends and holidays.
Any orders placed after 4p PST for items that are in stock will be shipped the next business day
Returns and exchanges are only offered on eligible items, excluding final sale and special ordered items.
All returns/exchange inquiries must be made within 14 days after receipt of order. Any inquiries after the 14 day period will not be honored. Please contact our sales staff for any return/exchange inquiries, and we will be more than happy to assist you!
Any returns received without an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number will be automatically declined, and the customer will be responsible for shipping the order back to them.
Once you receive your RMA number, you will have 30 days to ship the item/order back to the respective location. If the item/order is not shipped within the 30 day period, the return will be declined, and the customer will be responsible for paying for shipping the item/order back to them.
Special Order & Final Sale
Special Order & Final Sale
All special order items are deemed as "made to order" - and therefore cannot be canceled, returned, exchanged, or refunded for any reason. The same policy applies to final sale items. These are non-negotiable terms, so please keep this in mind before checking out. If you have any questions regarding these terms, please feel free to read our policy for special order and final sale items, or contact one of our sales representatives for clarification!